Saturday 1 September 2018

A Journey Through Grief

Richard John Scarr

At first I felt completely stunned.
As though walking in a daze.
I could not accept that you were gone.
But gradually I left that phase.

And then I thought my heart would break.
Because everything had ceased to be.
For when God took you from my side,
he took my world away from me.

And each night I cried myself to sleep,
as I lay in deep despair.
With my hand upon your pillow.
But of course, you were not there.

Next came anger, and even rage,
because I'd been left alone.
Angry at God for taking you.
Angry you'd left me on my own.

Then came guilt, and little things,
grew to huge proportions in my head.
And I asked for your forgiveness,
for those things I'd done and said.

And everywhere I ventured,
held memories of you.
And though I tried to close my mind.
Still thoughts of you came flooding thru

And so I found myself avoiding
where we had shopped for years.
For I knew that if I entered,
I'd have to leave again, in tears.

It takes time to ease an aching heart.
And then slowly we come through.
And though I've accepted you are gone.
I can't stop missing, or stop loving you.

No comments:

Post a Comment