Monday 3 September 2018

An Ode To Old Age

Author Unknown

There’s quite an art to falling apart
as the years go by,
And life doesn’t begin at 40.
That’s a big fat lie.

My hair’s getting thinner,
my body is not:
The few teeth I have
are beginning to rot.

I smell of Ben Gay
not Chanel #5;
My new pacemaker's all
that keeps me alive.

When asked of my past,
every detail I’ll know,
But, what was I doing
ten minutes ago?

Well, you get the idea,
what more can I say?
I’m off to read the obituary,
like I do every day;

If my names not there,
I’ll once again start
perfecting the art
of falling apart.


* BenGay is a pain relief cream
* Chanel #5 is a perfume from Chanel

****

"There's no reason to be the richest man in the cemetery" - Colonel Sanders (founder of KFC)

No comments:

Post a Comment