Saturday 7 July 2018

A Postcard From Heaven

Richard John Scarr

Dear everyone, just a card to say,
I'm having a wonderful time.
Don't fret that you can't see me.
I promise I'm doing fine.

I'm here with all those family and friends,
who travelled on ahead.
You wouldn't believe the welcome I got.
So much for being dead!

There was auntie Flo, and uncle George.
Oh, and lovely cousin Giles.
And we had a right old knees up,
and people came for miles and miles.

We danced and sang, and drank a drop.
Well, what's a party without gin?
But it was all done in the best of taste,
with no complaints about the din.

The funny thing about it is,
we are not aware of time.
And there's no such thing as old age here.
Everyone is in their prime.

Neither is there any illness.
Nor any woes or aches and pains.
No deficiencies or deficits.
Only progress, yields and gains.

The weather is just perfection.
There's scented flora of every kind.
With colours so vivid and beautiful,
it simply blows your mind.

So please believe me when I tell you.
The following words are most sincere.
And I mean this in the nicest way.
"I wish you too were here."

No comments:

Post a Comment