Wednesday 1 August 2018


"So, how did it happen?" the doctor asked the ageing farmer as he set the
man's broken leg.

"Well, doc, 25 years ago ..." began the farmer.

"Never mind the past," the doctor interrupted. "Tell me how you broke your leg this morning."

"As I was saying... 25 years ago I was a bit of a wanderer. I traveled the country doing odd jobs on different farms in return for room and board. I remember working one place where the farmer's daughter was a real beauty. That night, right after I'd gone to bed, she came into my room and asked me if there was anything I wanted."

I said, "No, everything is fine."

"Are you sure?" she asked.

"I'm sure," I said.

"Isn't there anything I can do for you?" she wanted to know. "I reckon not," I replied.

"Excuse me," the doctor interrupted again. "What does this story have to do with your leg?"

"Well, this morning," the farmer explained, "when it dawned on me what she meant, I fell off the roof!"

No comments:

Post a Comment