Monday 9 July 2018

A rabbi was told that three of his disciples were seen playing cards and smoking on Sabbath. So he summoned them and asked the first disciple: 'Is it true that you were playing cards and smoking on Sabbath?'

The first disciple said: 'Yes rabbi, I'm very sorry; I forgot it was Sabbath'. The rabbi put his hand over his heart and said: 'That's possible, I forgive you'.

Now he asked the second disciple: 'Is it true that you were playing cards and smoking on Sabbath?'


The second disciple said: 'Yes rabbi, I'm very sorry; I forgot that it is not allowed to play cards and smoke on Sabbath.' The rabbi put his hand over his heart and said: 'That's possible, I forgive you'.

Now he asked the third disciple: 'And...You have also forgotten something?'

'Yes, I forgot to draw the curtains'.

No comments:

Post a Comment